- How many times can new entrepreneurs participate? »
- EU outermost regions and OCTs »
Can an NE or HE from an EU outermost region participate in the programme?
Yes, the EU has eight regions that are geographically very distant from the European continent but that still form an integral part of the EU member countries they belong, as well as 21 countries and territories (OCTs), which have special links with either Member States: Denmark,France, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
However, there is currently no local contact point for a HE in one of these regions, except from the Canary Islands and Madeira. The HE and NE must be well aware of this situation and accept to start the exchange under such circumstances.
A short note in the agreement between the parties is recommended to avoid any dispute.
The EU outermost regions are:
The EU Overseas Countries and Territories (OCTs) are:
- 4 French overseas departments– Martinique, Mayotte, Guadeloupe, French Guiana and Réunion
- 1 French overseas communities– Saint-Martin
- 2 Portuguese autonomous regions – Madeira and the Azores
- 1 Spanish autonomous community – the Canary Islands
- British Virgin Islands,
- Cayman Islands,
- Falkland Islands,
- New Caledonia,
- French Polynesia,
- St. Barthélemy,
- Saint Helena,
- Saint Pierre-et Miquelon,
- Sint Eustatius,
- Turks and Caicos,
- Wallis and Futuna.
- Can I start an exchange with a host company working in a different sector to mine? »
- Who grants the financial support to new entrepreneurs? »
- Must the new entrepreneur find additional funds for his/her stay abroad? »
- Are legal entity forms of no profit cultural associations (NGOs) eligible? »
- How can I find a host entrepreneur? »
- Can a new entrepreneur from Switzerland participate in the programme? »
- Can I participate in the programme as a new entrepreneur if I live outside the European Union? »
- Can I participate in the programme even though my country of residence has no intermediary organisation working on the programme? »
- Can an independent professional (for instance, a lawyer) apply as an entrepreneur in the programme? »
- Can a family member, who is planning to take over a family enterprise, participate in the programme as a new entrepreneur? »
- Can the new entrepreneur be part of a cooperative? »
- Can I participate in the programme if my business exceeds 3 years of existence during my stay abroad? »